A few weeks ago, my webhoster closed this site, because there were too many hits on the comments cgi script of this Movable Type installation.
So I decided to delete the mt-comments.cgi script, to protect me from the Spam robots. On the other hand the comment feature was of course broken; no script -> no comments.
Today I found the solution: In the mt-config.cgi you can customize the name of your comment script. So I renamed the mt-comments.cgi to a custom name, and now everything is ok; the bots don’t target my custom comments cgi, but commenting works again.
Seems like I found the optimal solution, at least for the time until the bots can someway spy out the custom name of the script …